Friends, as we are heading into this next New Year of 2023 – I have a story to tell – Thousands of years ago, Aristotle said there was only one point in living:
To attain eudemonia. That is a fancy word for “happiness” or “contentment.” Since then, however, there has been no shortage of experts telling us how to get to that “state.”
Believe it or not, science now, has a definitive answer for getting there. It comes from a 75+ year experiment that started at Harvard during the Great Depression. In the experiment, researchers followed cohorts of both Stanford graduates as well as inner-city Boston men.
According to the study’s leader:
The clearest message we get from this 75-year study is this:
- Good relationships keep us happier and healthier. Period.
- Social connections are really good for us; and loneliness kills.
- People who are more socially connected to family, to friends, to community are happier; they are physically healthier; and they live longer than people who are less socially connected.”
“Satisfaction with relationships is a better predictor of how people will age – more than cholesterol, socioeconomic conditions, or genetics.”
We know that you, our broker associates, come to us for financing your clients. That is what we are here to do. However, we need to remember that this is just a means to an end. The whole point of financial freedom is to use that time that is freed up, to strengthen our relationships.
The stronger the relationships – the Healthier are and in turn, the Happier we all become.
There is nothing more important to a long-term happy/healthy mindset than a stronger relationship.
- CHB is committed to you, our broker associates, to be here for the long-term.
- To be there when times are tough as well as those high flying adventures.
- To hear your stories and see your businesses grow.
- To meet and drink at conferences and celebrate life’s’ accomplishments
You have a friend here at CHB – Long live our relationship.
The CHB Team.